The South Carolina City and County Management Association
The goal of the South Carolina City and County Management Association is to improve the quality of public administration in South Carolina local government, and enhance the proficiency of local government managers, administrators and other staff. The Association’s membership consists of approximately 180 city and county managers, administrators, assistants, and other staff members. The Association has annual winter and summer conferences to promote professional development and networking opportunities.
- Assist the Boards of Directors in carrying out their duties.
- Schedule and attend all Board of Directors meetings and conference calls.
- Develop meeting agendas and packets in coordination with the President.
- Maintain records of agendas, meeting minutes, and supplemental materials.
- Manage the Association and Foundation budget.
- Maintain accurate records of all revenues and expenditures and ensure a balanced budget for both the Association and the Scholarship Foundation.
- Monitor current CD’s and interest bearing accounts and research potential investment opportunities
- Provide a financial report for the Association and the Foundation at all Board of Directors and business meetings.
- Work with accountant to prepare and file annual taxes for the Association and Foundation.
- File appropriate paperwork and reports with SC Secretary of State to maintain charitable organization designations.
- Develop and monitor budget for each annual meeting.
- Coordinate and staff the Association’s two annual meetings and Local Government Management Training Program (LGMT).
- Coordinate with Board of Directors and conference host committee to develop conference agenda and events.
- Develop schedule and location of LGMT workshops.
- Secure speakers.
- Provide registration services by:
- Preparing and distributing registration forms and conference program or workshop agenda.
- Collecting registration fees and participant information.
- Serve as the primary site coordinator for annual meetings and workshops including:
- Site selection and contract negotiation
- Coordination of food and beverage, lodging, and meeting logistics
- Coordination with speakers regarding on site AV needs, supplemental materials, travel needs, and speaking honorarium.
- On-site staffing.
- Oversee membership and sponsorship programs.
- Develop and distribute new and renewal membership and sponsorship applications and materials.
- Collect membership dues, scholarship donations and sponsorship payments.
- Fulfill Association commitments to sponsors as outlined in sponsorship program guidelines.
- Provide additional administrative support to ensure effective operation and management of the Association including:
- Serve as the state secretariat and liaison between SCCCMA and ICMA.
- Provide regular communication to Association members and sponsors.
- Maintain the Association’s website.
- Assist in coordinating the annual scholarship award process including developing and distributing announcement, collecting applications, and working with Scholarship Committee to interview and select recipients.
- Assist other committees as necessary.
For more information, please visit the SCCCMA homepage.
SCCCMA 2015 Summer Meeting
June 25-27, 2015